Friday, January 31, 2020

going gone

I remain an empty vessel— if I’m shattered, then so be it. Nothing like fragments to prove my point. I stagger ever falling forward, crumbling along the way. A star still a star, the moon is broken. Strangers tap their cant with wood and asphalt, the train another song of ever on. I turn and stretch beneath a teeming sea of ache and beast. The voice echoing is not my own. 

So the dream fades over the day to day. So by the by the moon reminds. The truth be told I’m trending towards forgetting. The altar of the blazing bug light sizzle. The shine of a screen left on. Sleep always so becoming. The lean of the feel coming on.


Home a tumble and a tantrum. The mundane of the sisyphean. A shave and a shower and a good as new. The delusion that fuels endurance. The ghost long gone, yet it sings along. Curls of smoke and infuriated embers. The dance holding out its hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

simmer

The hours drag and drawl, the vision blurs and fades. The world is more at once, this flight of wing and flower, this litany of sudden silk ...