Thursday, July 1, 2010

extinguish

Bright eyes and heavy lids--
this feeling gives way with
the measure of a single blink,
that long stare so full--
longing and meaning and
unfettered animal bliss--
erased by a single instance.
Passion always tugs at beginnings,
polar attunements and the realigning
that makes such a mess of crossing stars.
Breath and fire entwined
those Escher tensions that impose
these sedentary limitations--
one thing then the other,
extinction imbued with noted choice.
Human limits seem the only things
untouched by exaggeration.
The flame embraced as eternity
snuffed without a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Sir,
    I'm a great fan of your taste of literary terms. Usually, I checked your handle to read and amuse myself. That reading makes me worthy. Your post makes me rich in a personal capacity. That was my endurance. But unfortunately, you have blocked me on twitter due to unknown reasons. If I have done anything wrong then kindly assign me a pardon.
    Here is my twitter handle:
    www.twitter.com/ijazaslamanjum

    ReplyDelete

simmer

The hours drag and drawl, the vision blurs and fades. The world is more at once, this flight of wing and flower, this litany of sudden silk ...