Monday, October 1, 2018

numbskull

The day resigns in cloud and dusk, the flesh contains no respite. The sleep you seek in wood and stone. The sound of water and the night side of the hill. The path revealed as if in dreaming. The way of ache, the way of appetite. The heart wants on and on.

I’ll be there long past the thought it overs. I’ll be there in the stir of stars. Clockwork talk and the words on the wing. Life goes by the booth in the corner. Life goes on like the show it is. The earth turns beneath the trembling. Walls waiting for the fall.

I’ll leave the winds to pounce and plummet. I’ll leave the rain to fill the sky. The light by the sofa, the coffee gone cold. Oh my love, I sing and sigh. It’s all love letters by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

simmer

The hours drag and drawl, the vision blurs and fades. The world is more at once, this flight of wing and flower, this litany of sudden silk ...