Friday, November 13, 2020

libidinal

The lonely bed is broken

toss and turn, fold the pillow

to crush against my chest,

love letter bookmark 

reminding where I was,

the sleepwalk tv painting 

blue bias oases on the ceiling,

your flavor haunting my lips.

There is no sleep only

your overwhelming absence and

its presence in my every sense

the warm salt of your bared throat,

the ink upon your arm

your hips deft with ache and intent

the rapturous, trembling surprise of

your incomparable kiss

gone so long, still

strewn all over this wreck and 

the room, the book stack altar,

the wished out star of your love.

This lonely bed bereft, 

my lecherous heart, 

your effortless ghost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

simmer

The hours drag and drawl, the vision blurs and fades. The world is more at once, this flight of wing and flower, this litany of sudden silk ...