Friday, November 27, 2020

you are my animal

scent and skin and giving in

when instinct takes its turn

breath and bone and coming home

when you finally close your eyes,

a twitch while you sleep, a howling


coming hard at the moon.

the fingers pressed into your hips,

the teeth with a taste for your throat,

a worry of eyes in the pitch of night,


a scruff for a heedless fist.

your meat is the map of my mind,

your mind the illumination to

the mysteries of the moon.


you are the boundless wilderness 

the nest I make in forests 

found in the ancient depths of

my animal heart. You are my animal 

the one I know is true and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

simmer

The hours drag and drawl, the vision blurs and fades. The world is more at once, this flight of wing and flower, this litany of sudden silk ...